View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 09:05 PM
littlejon988
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Default 68 hrs finishing PPL

Through 3 flight school changes and 2 different states, I look to be done with my PPL by the end of September. After that, it’s fighting with the VA for Voc Rehab to cover the rest of the costs through USAF Flight clubs to get the rest of my cheers to end up as a commercial pilot.

I am hoping folks here can give me an idea of the flight hours that are regular for each certification of instrument, commercial, CFI, Cfii, MEI and MEII.

I’m hoping to get an idea of how much longer I would have. I switched from a school in Florida I went to since it was affiliated with Liberty University, which I feel took me for a ride, then a part 61 School in Florida, PropellerHead Aviation, which was great! Now I am flying with aero clubs in Colorado that have been working great with me to fast track my PPL given my flight experience and knowledge.

I am just looking for any info and advice from people using vocational rehab benefits or GI bill benefits as well as an average fight hour and schedule for moving forward.

I am hoping the VA will give me the thumbs up to start instrument by January and I will be able to fly 5-6 days a week, a 2 hr flight per day.

Thanks for any feedback