Old 08-23-2019, 08:26 AM
nitefr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Lockheed View Post
Its hard for an outsider to understand any airline they dont work for, hard to understand the QOL, hard to understand the pay

The 767 guys generally get guarantee each month however I’m not on that equipment so I really dont understand it

The 747 guys break 64 every month, however we are a bit fat on FO’s at the moment but that will change over the coming months

For myself a mid seniority CA, this year I have averaged about 90-95 pay hours per month. That is not unusual. We average I would say 20 hrs soft pay per month, some more. Firstly we have some very long trips which add up quickly, such as KCVG-RJGG 30 hr layover with an R2 credit then go RJGG-VHHH-PANC thats about 27 hrs flying and 31 hrs pay in under 4 days

Second we are paid flight pay to commute from our homes and back and for any deadhead or positioning while at work

Third we are paid 4 hrs flt pay for each reserve status we perform sometimes for as little as 4 hrs of duty, we recently signed an MOU with the company that increases the frequency of when they must be assinged

Fourth, if a person wants to there are several ways to make scheduling give you overtime by the way that you bid. Its not hard at all to arrange 4-6 days of OT if thats what you want to do just by how you bid. We are paid 150% flt pay for OT hrs, if you bid like this 125hrs pay or more can be had.

All that being said on the 74 at least its not hard to be paid 1000 hrs per year and we have a lot of guys who sell back their vacation for another 84 hrs

There is still a lot of movement here, 80 777 bids just came out and there will be more in the future on all 3 fleets

We have nearly 700 on the list now and lose 3-4 per month to the majors, we will have over 1000 pilots soon

So is everthing perfect here? no of course not, we are opening negotiations a year early with the goal of closing out the last few big items that are lacking in our CBA, I believe that will be achieved.

I hope this helps a little for those who dont work here
That was an excellent and realistic post....as bad as ABX is because we are still on a concessionary contract one needs to remember what a senior pilot vs a junior pilot makes. We have half the seniority list 300k to 350k adding soft pay and VBB...when the D6 days kick in (now) its double pay...as long as it works for you it's all good. Meanwhile the junior guys end up at base pay sitting reserve..that's called junior...in the end base pay is the only guarantee.