Old 08-23-2019, 06:17 PM
vroll1800
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Always Fly With Favorite Captain

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
As you know, I can't think of any pilot that enjoys the interview process, new hire training, and being junior. Pax pilots who've never flown cargo before will not want to leave a job they feel comfortable at to start over, for an unknown pilot lifestyle. <snip>
I will say he was former TWA who was furloughed and came to Kalitta during that time.
No steak for orka or Lockheed ! Whip's wager specified "that wasn't fired, forced to resign, or furloughed." My Q4 specified "gainfully employed."

Thanks for reply, NL3. It's not my desire to pry too much, so I'll let the story rest from my end. As for your opening paragraph, I've seen several APC threads started that posed the question of whether someone should leave SW, or big 3 legacy for purple or brown. So going pax to cargo an option for some.

Kudos to Lockheed for his post. That cleared up some things. Here I go with more thread drift, but questions remain about this R2 thing on layovers. Extra soft pay seems nice, but would one be glued to the phone/ crew track web monitoring during layover ? If so, I'm not sure I'd like not knowing when I could sleep, or visit my favorite museums and libraries. Cheers.