Old 08-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Lockheed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by vroll1800 View Post
No steak for orka or Lockheed ! Whip's wager specified "that wasn't fired, forced to resign, or furloughed." My Q4 specified "gainfully employed."

Thanks for reply, NL3. It's not my desire to pry too much, so I'll let the story rest from my end. As for your opening paragraph, I've seen several APC threads started that posed the question of whether someone should leave SW, or big 3 legacy for purple or brown. So going pax to cargo an option for some.

Kudos to Lockheed for his post. That cleared up some things. Here I go with more thread drift, but questions remain about this R2 thing on layovers. Extra soft pay seems nice, but would one be glued to the phone/ crew track web monitoring during layover ? If so, I'm not sure I'd like not knowing when I could sleep, or visit my favorite museums and libraries. Cheers.
It's nice to have a friendly conversation back and forth here for a change vs another thread on here

you misunderstood a little - the guy we are referring to was furloughed from AA after the TWA merger - he came to K4 for maybe 10 years and then took the recall to AA - he was there maybe 2.5 years when he had had enough - retired from AA came back to K4 as a new hire - he's a good dude - have known him for 35 years

Rare please!