View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 07:48 AM
Flightcap
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Not if the crews shut it off, and then reversed it, I don’t see how Boeing is at fault. I think the truth will come out as the media has fueled this entire storm with misinformation
If you want to have a real conversation on this you should sell your Boeing stock. You would be able to address this situation from a neutral position. Your judgment is currently clouded by a financial interest and it shows.

Yes, the crew made mistakes in both crashes. I completely agree with that analysis. But that doesn't mean Boeing gets a pass. There are so many decisions coming to light that are at best stupid and at worst unethical. Outsourcing software to $9 engineers. Failing to apply QC and basic design principles to a safety critical system. Abusing self-certification procedures. Attempting to scissor-and-glue a new engine onto an air frame that really can't accommodate it rather than going with a clean sheet design.

Boeing will recover. They will fix the MAX and it will fly safely for many years. But ultimately all of this exposes the company as being blatantly profit-minded over safety. There needs to be a mentality shift and, like every problem, the first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging that it exists.