View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Firefighter
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by Flightcap View Post
If you want to have a real conversation on this you should sell your Boeing stock. You would be able to address this situation from a neutral position. Your judgment is currently clouded by a financial interest and it shows.

Yes, the crew made mistakes in both crashes. I completely agree with that analysis. But that doesn't mean Boeing gets a pass. There are so many decisions coming to light that are at best stupid and at worst unethical. Outsourcing software to $9 engineers. Failing to apply QC and basic design principles to a safety critical system. Abusing self-certification procedures. Attempting to scissor-and-glue a new engine onto an air frame that really can't accommodate it rather than going with a clean sheet design.

Boeing will recover. They will fix the MAX and it will fly safely for many years. But ultimately all of this exposes the company as being blatantly profit-minded over safety. There needs to be a mentality shift and, like every problem, the first step in fixing a problem is acknowledging that it exists.

Except I never said anything like that. The entire reason of why I came here is to find out the truth. So in a way, you could say it was financially, but that also means I was ready to drop my position if I felt like I was invested in the wrong company. I think your statement applies to someone who didn’t care, and just bought more shares as it dropped.

All I did was seek the truth from credible people, and there’s nothing wrong with that. I learned the media has twisted and lied about everything. It’s very misleading and they’re clearly doing it for their own gain. Essentially their own financial interest which involves lying to get it. But sure, what I’m doing is oh so horrible...

I never denied any problem, I’m well aware of what Boeing did. In fact, they’re fixing it the last time I checked. But regardless, I’ve learned that the problem is not what the media is making it out to be. And I’m pretty sure Boeing has been in India for awhile now.....and certainly $9 an hour is far more beneficial for India as their minimum wage is equivalent to $140 a month. So I don’t think it’s “unsafe” to “outsource” in a country that’s going to have the third largest market for aviation in a few years