View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Skygirl
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006

Originally Posted by Gordon C
I just returned from a consultation with a salesman at 24 Hour Fitness, and I feel he didn't give me the best offer he could. They're wanting a $400 initiation fee, plus $25 per month thereafter. A pilot colleague of mine paid about the same initiation fee for his, but got after one year (or two-- can't remember) $99 a year forever.

Their prices seem flexible, but I don't bargain well. Has anyone else a membership with 24 hour that can share what kind of deal they were made? I don't trust these buffed car salesmen!
Gordon,

I'm a 24-hour member as well, and I got a much better deal. I too, got a 3 year membership for $700, paid up front, as well as a couple of training sessions/consultations, and a box of power bars and supplements. My company also has a contract with them so I didn't have to pay an initiation fee. My other choice other than paying up front was just to start paying $39 a month. I chose coughing up the $700 up front for 3 years, as it is a much better deal.

I would definitely check to see if they have an arrangement with your airline or company. They often have deals/and or contracts for employees of large companies and people are often unaware of them. I didn't know about my companies contract with them until another employee told me.

On the down side, make sure you do your stretches and warm up everytime you go. I hurriedly ran into the gym to knock out my workout a couple of weeks ago and tore up my knee. I'm home recovering from emergency knee surgery that I had last Friday...