Thread: What to do
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 03:13 PM
pilot147
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Default What to do

So I was offered a job with a charter/corporate type operator. They fly Cirrus, all sorts of light jets, turbo-props, and some medium sized corporate jets. The timeline they gave me was, start at 40k in the cirrus, progress to the PC-12(60k) in about 6-12 months, then light jets after about a year(90k), then bigger stuff at the 2 year mark(180k+). Was looking for some opinions on whether or not this would be a good idea to do now in the current industry or if I should have my eyes pointed towards the airline industry during this massive shortage/wave of retirees. I also was thinking that this job might not have the best security in times of economic downturn(which we are forecasted to have soon). Can any corporate guys maybe give their views or advice on how they keep job security in the tough times? Also, would it be unrealistic to ask the company for written guarantees on aircraft/pay progression? I don't wanna be stuck flying light GA aircraft my whole life. Are these the right questions I need to be asking myself?