Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 04:40 PM
HTBH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by WakeWash View Post
Sorry but I’m going to have to absolutely disagree with you on this. While we do have many to come, the amount of 88, 737, and 717 guys who have a bid in and are waiting for open ATL spots is pretty massive. Plus right now it seems like the 321 growth is being dispersed amongst every base except for ATL. Realistically for those that want Atlanta I would say 88, 717, and then 737. In that order.
I was using the A320 as an example of on option to take other than the 88. It would definitely be the hardest plane (other than the 7ER, which was offered to new hires before but not recently) to get back to ATL in as a new hire. I've never flown the 88, but have an appreciation since I flew the DC-9 for a couple years and have sat in many 88 jumpseats thinking "holy crap, none of this makes sense and this looks like waaaayyyyy to much work compared to the Bus." I guess it just depends how bad someone would want to avoid the 88 vs a, shall we say, more modern and comfortable airplane. It's tough to put myself back into the thought process I had at indoc when choosing planes. But, and I can only speak for myself, I would take anything other than an 88 and commute for a bit if I had options in today's environment.

And....no disrespect to my 88 and 90 peeps out there. All the respect in the world to you flying that thing. I know it has character to it! But....I like my tray table.