View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 11:16 PM
MoarAlpha
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by ocskyguy View Post
Geez, here I am about to start a frenzy. Get a call telling me to pipe down. Whatever...

You are arguing about 4 pilots. 4! Really??? We wanted some expertise to help blend a truly electronic airplane into our fleet. Not meaning to dis any of the very well qualified pilots that live here at K4.

Not for nuthin’, but which one of you stepped up to help get the 777 on the certificate? That is an insane effort. We decided that getting a little help was worth exercising the contractually allowed 270 days.

Considering how junior the last bid went, I am not seeing too much whining room. If you wanted the seat, you would have bid it. If not, stop *****ing...

Skyguy out...
I think we all know there are two reasons the 777 didn’t go as senior as one might expect.

You are right though. If someone had the expertise to bring a new aircraft/certification/B777 on line and voiced their opinion to BR or someone in charge I’m sure they would have used them.

Until the routes and more aircraft are brought online I don’t think many people will considering bidding over and training for a new type for the same or possibly less pay.