View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Kingairguy08
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by Cujo665 View Post
It’s almost looking like the new commodity it pilots without PIC time because they can’t run off to a legacy right away. If you meet legacy hiring minimums, they’re afraid you’ll leave sooner than the guy who needs to stay to get their 1000 TPIC.
Just spitballing why this phenomenon of well qualified guys getting passed over for less experienced guys is so prevalent lately.

HR bean counters running hiring instead of experienced pilots. The priority is meat in the seats, not quality
While I do see your point, I'm not sure it's quite the standard. Yet! When I applied, I had 6000 TPIC, no checkride failures, no incidents or accidents and other than a few speeding tickets, a clean driving record. The variety in my training class was all over the place. Young (mid twenties), old (mid to late 50's), high time, low time, corporate, military and regional backgrounds. I totally agree with you 100% that HR is the one that has to be convinced, which IMHO, is a little unfortunate. In addition to the chief pilot and HR reps, I would love to see line pilots, captain and F/O's, if they are in ILN for recurrent or something, be able to sit in on an interview. I'm sure HR has some little formula or rhyme or reason to what they are doing, but I sure haven't figured it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk