View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 09:57 AM
deerparkVOR
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by Skycop227 View Post
I have CJO's from both Skywest and PSA and I'm weighing the pros and cons of both. I'm semi familiar with PSA's travel benies for myself and my kids under 24yrs. I can't find any information on what Skywest offers. Can someone enlighten me.
Thanks
PSA's travel benefits are on American and based on time of check-in rather than seniority. American's standby priorities are pretty straight forward not a million different priority codes. WO's of American have the same benefits as mainline employees. And being time of check in means that if you don't make one flight you roll over to the next keeping your original check in time for the first flight putting you at the top for the next flight. It levels the playing field and I think is pretty nice. You also get "D1" vacation passes along with your dependents, you also get buddy passes.

At SkyWest I can only speak to what the benefits with Delta would look like. Delta has a million different priority codes. You would fly at S3C. So you will always fly behind mainline Delta (S3's), Endeavor (S3A's), and Retirees (S3B's)... at least on mainline flights. Within those priority groups it's based on seniority. You don't get any vacation passes or buddy passes. The non-revving on Delta would definitely be more difficult.