View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:51 AM
FTv3
Social Media retired.

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by 14bis View Post
Would anyone mind sharing some intel regarding aircraft assignment, bases, and type of flying?

From what I've gathered so far...

A300 - SDF only flying mostly domestic night turns

B75/76 - SDF and MIA flying both Domestic and Int'l. What does "Z" mean?

MD-11 - SDF and ANC

B747 - ANC

Also, I've been noticing last classes have been assigned A300 or B75/6.

I appreciate the insights! Cheers
A300 - add Canada Mexico. They also do turns and other mixed type stuff.

75/76 SDF - is like the A300 stuff. I believe it has more day flying options.

76Z = SDf 75/76 international qualified. Lots of international but domestic stuff also finds its way to the fleet. International has a lot of longer work blocks.

75/76 ONT - does a little intl (mostly Asia?) but they also flow through SDF allowing the company to get around some work rule protections SDF crews would otherwise have flying the same trips out of SDF, based on time of day operations (west coast time zone effect on east coast flying).

75/76 MIA, see above posts.

MD = SDF only, ANC closes very soon. Mostly domestic with some international remaining. Does cologne and Hawaii shorter trips. Domestic stuff looks like A300.

74 ANC only for now. SDF base next year and no one knows the initial size but it will go fairly senior. Rumors SDF crews will do more domestic type flying. OTW mostly flying Int'l in various block lengths. 24 hour layovers plague most of the pairings.

Class assignments are always bouncing around. With the new sdf 74 base there’s bound to be a little shakeup in the status quo.