View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 10:04 AM
BrownDoubles
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by 14bis View Post
Would anyone mind sharing some intel regarding aircraft assignment, bases, and type of flying?

From what I've gathered so far...

A300 - SDF only flying mostly domestic night turns

B75/76 - SDF and MIA flying both Domestic and Int'l. What does "Z" mean?

MD-11 - SDF and ANC

B747 - ANC and now SDF flying Int'l

Also, I've been noticing last classes have been assigned A300 or B75/6.

I appreciate the insights! Cheers
In no particular order:
Z is 75/76 international... otherwise known jokingly as zomestic since it isn't pure international. A good portion of the flying is domestic.

A-300 and 75/76 SDF (domestic, ie... non-Z) are relatively similar and I wouldn't say that they are mostly domestic night turns. There is a pretty good mix of morning turns, afternoon turns, chunks (5-7 day) of sort flying both day and night, and shorter, choppier schedules.

MD-11 ANC base is shutting down planes and crew compliment moving to SDF.

747 SDF is opening but is anticipated to be extremely senior... the seniority list is going to shift around -- where it settles only time will tell.

No one really knows what HR is thinking and they aren't sharing; 74 training is still relatively backed up. My guess is that they want to clear the backlog and get the bid out to see where the chips fall before potentially unnecessarily training and then retraining crewmembers who decide to take advantage of the seat lock lift and rebid. So, recently they have focused new hires on the path of least resistance which is the Bus and 75/76.

Just one dudes uninformed, uneducated, outside HR/training perspective.