View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:50 AM
13pro
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by flydiamond View Post
Well staffing has been decreasing as only 6 or so pilots a a month hit the line (the ones hired before recent ramp up) as we lose far more. No longer are there 50 reserves a day. It is more like 30-40 or so in the larger bases. And in some of the epic irops they used every single reserve available. I’m honestly not sure what people are expecting... the point of reserves is to be there as a reserve. We’ll never be like skywest that operates with 10 reserves for all of Chicago because they’re so short staffed.
Not true. We lost 13 pilots in August. We had classes of 10ish starting every week. My “RSV line” went backwards 7 spots for October. Guys that have been here a year are barely getting used. I pick up anything I can, and I feel lucky to have 250 hours. Guys in my class that only work their scheduled days are still about 150 hours.

Now, that’s not all to complain, as I get that it’s the way the life is. But the statement was made that the intended use of the grid was to allow RSVs to drop, and pick up flying. That simply doesn’t happen.

And probably 80% of reserve stretch’s I don’t get used. 15% maybe used for a turn. 5% more than a turn. That tells me there are still too many pilots sitting reserve.