View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 06:00 AM
JulesWinfield
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by 13pro View Post
Not true. We lost 13 pilots in August. We had classes of 10ish starting every week. My “RSV line” went backwards 7 spots for October. Guys that have been here a year are barely getting used. I pick up anything I can, and I feel lucky to have 250 hours. Guys in my class that only work their scheduled days are still about 150 hours.

Now, that’s not all to complain, as I get that it’s the way the life is. But the statement was made that the intended use of the grid was to allow RSVs to drop, and pick up flying. That simply doesn’t happen.

And probably 80% of reserve stretch’s I don’t get used. 15% maybe used for a turn. 5% more than a turn. That tells me there are still too many pilots sitting reserve.

You can look in the crew resource report in FLICA. Today, we have 6 LCR and 28 SCR, with 9 out on assignment. NYC 900 FO

My biggest gripe about reserve is the bucketing system. Leaving you to rot in the crashpad for a week, then using you for a turn on your last day to screw over your commute because you have a day left is ridiculous.