View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 03:04 PM
JLTD
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: Chair flying

Regional CA here, just applied today on recommendation from someone that was at WU a couple years back. After reading the thread, (thanks for all the great info), seems like opinions about the company and operation are about 99% positive with only 2 "bad" posts. Guess I'll be studying up on the 135 regs, but wanted to ask about storage:

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
I think that the Luggage works 26 fits in the wing locker, but it’s tight. The standard 22 is what I carry, and that’s it. It’s more than adequate for how I pack, which is more than adequate for an 8 day tour. A lot of guys bring a backpack or briefcase too, but it takes up more room so the least amount you have the easier it is.
As far as checking a bag, if you are in uniform they probably won’t make you do it. However, I like to travel home in civies and I never check a bag. As far as going to work, the only time I check is on a regional where you have to gate check and get it back on the jetway upon deplaning. I don’t like the prospect of having to go without my bag on tour.
I've got the shorter one so that should be a non-issue. Also carry a backpack with food etc in it - how's the room up front? Is there some area a backpack could ride without impinging on the operating space?

HAD to comment:

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Thank you for addressing the heat issue concerning the King Air, Texas, South Florida in the summer is really brutal. There is just no way of cooling down this airplane. Makes a long day even a longer day when you start your day sweating like you just came out of a sauna!!!
Sounds like the CRJ200...except that apparently in the King Air the A/C actually works once you have the engines turning.

Lastly - any additional training for the international (read that: Caribbean) operations, or is it included in the normal training footprint?

Appreciate any feedback --