View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 01:18 PM
tonyblack
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by c5pilot11 View Post
Good Day APC,
I did a search and found a couple of hits here and there on other forums but no definitive answer. Just wondering what UPS specifically requires if a DD214 isn't availiable (I don't start terminal for a couple months). Will they accept a MFR from my CC detailing my sep date and terminal leave date for availiability purposes. I'm Palace Chasing and it seems finalizing the paper work might take right up until I go on terminal. If any mil folks can enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, fly safe out there.
you can ask your current command for a "statement of service" letter. works the same for active duty or reserves/ NG. Each letter is different but in general you could state your current status, with expected transfer date to IRR or retirement or to Reserve/ NG unit. A letter can state years of current service, combat time/ what ever you want / need it to state (legally of course). I just had one typed up since my last DD214 is from 2005 and an employer wanted an official doc to cover my service since then. Better a letter than some strange set of DFAS printouts that they can't read. College kids / Vet's kids often need one if they are applying for a Yellow Ribbon program or VA bennies before formal acceptance into the university. Good Luck!!