Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 07:25 AM
Buck Rogers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by FogSkier View Post
LAX is one of the biggest origin/destination markets in the country. This means a lot of airplanes starting/finishing their day there. The cheapest crews to do these flights are LAX based because there are no hotel costs.

This means that a high percentage of LAX trips(on any domestic category) will have early shows and/or late releases.

LAX is also a prime place for redeyes. Redeyes are ideal trio starters in the optimizer’s view because, again, no hotels. Therefore, a lot of LAX trips will start with redeyes.

The takeaway here is that LAX is not an ideal commuter base because of the nature of the flying and RCC attempts to fundamentally alter LAX rotations are likely to be short lived because they are swimming against a powerful current.

I don’t see that changing in the near future so bid accordingly.
all very valid points. I would like to add one more .....time zones. There are virtually no red eyes going east to west......who wants to take off at 11pm for a 5:30hr flight and arrive in LA at 0130hrs? Now, how about take off from LA at 11pm for a 5:00 flt(winds) and arrive in NYC at 0700hrs? I venture to say.....much greater demand.

So the question is.....would we(you) rather have more jobs which include red eyes or less jobs sans red eyes?