View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 03:18 PM
JRSK
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat
Default Hiring Questions

New to the Forum but I have read most of the Wheels Up / Gama posts back to 2015 so have most of my questions answered. I've instructed and flown corporate since the late 80's and flew the 350 (Proline 21) for several years. I love the airplane. I lost my full time 350 job but I've continued to fly contract with a full time "desk" job to pay the bills. I'm considering leaving the desk job to fly full time again and am interested in Wheels Up. I am current and have a clean type rating with over 1600 hrs in the 350. ATP with Approx 4,900 TT, 4,100 Multi, 3,000 Turbine all part 91. Here are my questions:

1. How are things going now after the TMC merger?
2. Are they still hiring direct entry captains? If not, how quick is the upgrade?
3. I have not flown Proline 21 (except a little right seat sic) for several years. If hired would I get full initial training or just a recurrent?
4. I know the answer to this question is NO at several places but is facial hair allowed? Beard, mustache?
5. Would they consider KTYS as a base? This is probably a deal breaker for me. I know Delta, United, American and a few others have regular service there.

Thanks in advance for any replies.