View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 11:39 AM
EMAW
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by JRSK View Post
New to the Forum but I have read most of the Wheels Up / Gama posts back to 2015 so have most of my questions answered. I've instructed and flown corporate since the late 80's and flew the 350 (Proline 21) for several years. I love the airplane. I lost my full time 350 job but I've continued to fly contract with a full time "desk" job to pay the bills. I'm considering leaving the desk job to fly full time again and am interested in Wheels Up. I am current and have a clean type rating with over 1600 hrs in the 350. ATP with Approx 4,900 TT, 4,100 Multi, 3,000 Turbine all part 91. Here are my questions:

1. How are things going now after the TMC merger?
2. Are they still hiring direct entry captains? If not, how quick is the upgrade?
3. I have not flown Proline 21 (except a little right seat sic) for several years. If hired would I get full initial training or just a recurrent?
4. I know the answer to this question is NO at several places but is facial hair allowed? Beard, mustache?
5. Would they consider KTYS as a base? This is probably a deal breaker for me. I know Delta, United, American and a few others have regular service there.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
1. Unchanged as far as we’re concerned so far.
2. Yes.
3. It’ll most likely be recurrent.
4. Well-groomed mustache only.
5. They might, only the powers that be can answer that question.