View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 03:55 PM
AZFlyer
Custom User Title

Joined APC: Feb 2007

If I could tag onto this insightful thread with a question or two of my own...

Could anyone share the typical number of days worked/days off for FedEx pilots and are there any variations on total days off between the domestic schedules and the long haul international flying schedules?

Min guaranteed days off for line vs rsv schedules?

Someone mention that the long haul guys will often do just one long trip and then be done for the rest of the month. Do these guys ever try to book-end their flying so that they end up with a very large chunk of days off in between trips?

I'm an RJ captain with an AA wholly owned with about 15 months until flowing to AA, but I still have apps going out to the legacy carriers and FX. I live in an AA domicile that is served by FedEx (CLT).

I've been fortunate in my airline career so far in that I have always lived in base and I love driving 20 minutes home after signing out, so I'm trying to gauge the impact of commuting if FedEx were to ever bless me with a call. It sounds like commuting at FedEx isn't nearly the butt-pain that it can be with other carriers, so this topic definitely has my attention.
Thanks in advance.