View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 07:02 PM
ERJ Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: ERJ CA

Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
I wonder if their condition and deteriorating situation could actually put some of their flying at risk. E.G. the United flying.

I wonder of some companies (ZW....) are salivating at the chance of getting a piece of that pie if Mesa were to start to crumble.

BTW, for the insiders, are they really having a hard time staffing the airplanes? Are new pilots still getting hired? Why would someone go there since all the other (better) regionals are hiring?

Considering the staffing problems at all of the regionals right now, who would be able to cover our United flying if MAG tanked? It would be a tall order to fill on the spot; perhaps a slow transition? (I don't know who ZW is...)

Hard time staffing at MAG??? Vacations have been canceled since Oct 07 through Mar 08 and will probably be CX again after that... this should give you an idea of our ability to staff. As far as retaining pilots, we will have lost in the ballpark of 1000 this year, more than half of whom are FO's. 1000 pilots, dude. That's more than 50% of our seniority list!!! We are somehow still getting new-hire "pilots" if you can consider a person who needs 20 sims and 100-200 hours of IOE a pilot. I view that kind of candidate as a "warm-body". How are we getting these folks? Empty promises of a quick upgrade... that's the big carrot. The problem with that is to date nearly 250 pilots have been effected by illegal hold-backs, where a junior person has been awarded jet CA out of sequence. The upgrade time at MAG is about 3 years right now. How are they getting people? Ignorance? Abduction? Imports? Dunno dude...