View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 08:07 AM
Joebob21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
New to the thread. I have read through a fair amount of this and another one but was wondering what a typical schedule looks like for a respective domicile.

I have been thinking about Boutique for a while and have already done the HR interview and am waiting for the technical. I am not in a position that I can relocate to one of the bases (looking for ATL or PIT, I guess) so commuting would be my preferred choice. I realize my life will probably not be very comfy by doing this but how bad?
Scheduling will not go out of their way to accommodate your decision to commute. Their are many different types of trips depending on the base. Some have day trips(ends you back in base) some have pm shifts or constant duty overnights(stay in outstation crew house). Depending on how few or how many back to back days your working would dictate how commuter friendly that particular trip would be. ATL and PIT only have one route which is a PM overnight shift, but things change constantly, especially with what Boutique does(Essential air service). Would you be ok with having your base completely closed and having to go to any other base Boutique has? Keep in mind you’ll be signing a contract and potentially on the hook for 10-14K dollars. We have CASS and KCM benefits which would ease the pain of commuting but if you need to buy hotels even a few times a month that would add up quickly. If you’re coming in as an FO the income/expense ratio would be high, and likely not worth it. If you’re coming on as a captain it could be financially doable in my opinion. All of this said, BTQ has been a great company for me, but then again I live in base.