View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:01 AM
DontLookDown
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Captainfit View Post
I am currently enrolled into the Liberty online classes. I like the classes, and instructors. I like that it’s a Christian school, and I can take Biblical classes for electives. The online flight portion is a bit confusing to me. They have it where if you’re not in Lynchburg, VA you will be at a Flight Affiliate training center. I’ve come to find out from there’s a disconnect with Liberty and the Flight Affiliate. It personally makes me nervous. I bet it’s fine, and I think it all has to do with your flight affiliate as well. I would talk to Liberty, and find out which FTA. Then go to the flight school and check it out, speak to a few instructors, and whoever is in charge. That has been my experience so far. Once you complete your training you can be a CFI, or you can fly commercial at a low time job. A benefit with a 141 school is the 1000 hour R-ATP. Someone can step in and tell us if it’s worth pursuing in the current job market, over an accelerated part 61?
There shouldn’t be a disconnect between any flight school. The FAA publishes ACS standards and schools teach students that criteria. There will be a disconnect with how well it is taught, but that’s just because not all CFI’s are equal. When you get to your FTA you will likely get assigned a CFI based on which instructor has availability. If you aren’t meshing well with your current CFI just request a new one