View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 02:25 PM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post
I’m 33 and in sales with 250 hrs but hesitant to make the switch because I currently make legacy wb capt money and it’s hard to stomach the real possibility of never getting back there. I also worry that airlines will choose younger guys over older career changers leaving a longer wait at the regional level. With that said I don’t know why at our ages it wouldn’t be possible to make it to the majors just that it might take longer. Or as some on here have mentioned getting stuck on the back of the hiring wave leaving you commuting to reserve if actually hired at said Major. Sorry not trying to be pessimistic just shedding light on what’s kept me from making the jump, even though it’s something I think about every day.

I wouldn’t give up that job. At your age given the number of new hires at the legacies and the number that will be hired while you build time, you likely never will be a wide body CA.

At the end of the day, it is a job, the idea is to earn money. You’ll loose millions of dollars by switching. A better plan is to continue flying for fun and when you retire from your sales job with a solid retirement nest egg, make the jump to a corporate or 121 then.