View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:08 AM
cathulu90
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Joebob21 View Post
1)PHX currently is pretty heavy on the PIC side, that said BTQ has CASS and KCM so it is commutable. You bid for based on a quarterly basis and could potentially switch bases later if you cannot get it right away.

2)you get 12 days paid time off per year which must be approved by the chief pilot. This is separate and in addition to the 10-14 days/month you get off anyway. You can request 6 specific days off/month without penalty and they will accommodate them based on seniority.

3) when you are off work, you cannot be forced to fly. Your days off are yours. Now if you want to pick up extra time, you can, but they cannot make you pick up extra shifts( the exception being if the shift falls in the middle of your “work week” they can add or change your shift based on need) this doesn’t happen often. You can trade or drop shifts entirely if you want. The software we use makes this fairly easy.

4)Crew houses are generally clean, some are very basic, some are very nice. You will have clean sheets to put on the bed every night, and are expected to pick up after yourself. They have people that do the laundry. Most don’t have cable, but they do have WIFI.

5)BTQ pays for parking.

We are a scheduled part 135 airline and must adhere to certain rest requirements etc. Starting pay is $71.43/hr w/70 hr guarantee for PIC’s. You’ll build time quickly, 70-80/month or more if you choose.
Thank you for your quick response! Few more questions if you don't mind:
1. Do they assign the base before you sign the contract? Can they quarantee your prefered base? To be honest with you, being based in PHX is really really important for me. I would rather wait few months for the available spot in PHX than go somewhere else and commute.
2. I have around 1100 TT right now (and around 50 night, I meet the rest of the 135 mins. , getting another 100hrs should take me max 2 months.). Do you think I can send my application now? Or should I wait until I meet all of the mins? (On their application form I can only choose between 0-1199 hrs and >1200. I don't want to select >1200 (because I don't have it yet), but also I am afraid that if I select 0-1199 they will never call me. I just want to start the conversation with them.
Thank you!