View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 11:01 AM
Joebob21
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by cathulu90 View Post
Thank you for your quick response! Few more questions if you don't mind:
1. Do they assign the base before you sign the contract? Can they quarantee your prefered base? To be honest with you, being based in PHX is really really important for me. I would rather wait few months for the available spot in PHX than go somewhere else and commute.
2. I have around 1100 TT right now (and around 50 night, I meet the rest of the 135 mins. , getting another 100hrs should take me max 2 months.). Do you think I can send my application now? Or should I wait until I meet all of the mins? (On their application form I can only choose between 0-1199 hrs and >1200. I don't want to select >1200 (because I don't have it yet), but also I am afraid that if I select 0-1199 they will never call me. I just want to start the conversation with them.
Thank you!
Your base will be assigned prior to training, that way you know what you’ve signed up for. If there is a spot available you will get it, if not, you’ll probably just be encouraged to check back periodically until one opens up before they will hire you. As I mentioned previously PHX is currently heavy on PIC’s(around 10 or so) which is a lot for a base that only has two routes. Good news is things can change quickly. The only way you’ll know for sure is if you apply.

Only click the appropriate button that applies to you, if you are less than 1200 hrs pick that one. Regulations are not flexible unfortunately. They will see your application, and it’s likely that if you’re close to 1200 they will call you.