View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 06:40 AM
TiredSoul
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

I was trying to be honest and not an @ss.
You obviously know what a decision tree is:

Not only every career decision but every life decision is going to determine your final destination.
Now...even if you had a cheat sheet and you KNEW the decisions that lead to Fedex ( or any other goal) it wouldn’t be guarantee as external factors are constantly changing the decision points.
And you can’t control any of these external factors.
Global economic fluctuations, domestic economic fluctuations, poor or exceptional management decisions at current or future anticipated employers.
Then you have your life events that can make you choose to go left instead of right : long term illness/ death of a close relative, new relationship/ marriage/divorce, temporary loss of your medical due to illness and it goes on and on.
Don’t loose sight of your final goal but focus on your next step and just loosely consider the next step.
Really the only thing you can do is set yourself up for succes.
Get a degree, work hard, be committed to what you do. Working for a sh!tty company doesn’t mean you need to do a sh!tty job.

Let me just give you an example.
I have a buddy stuck at a dead end airline. He’s waiting for the call from the Majors, preferably American.
Mean time he can’t change employers as he can’t afford the drop in pay. Nasty divorce and a difficult teen keep him where he is. He also can’t save enough to build a transfer fund to cover him the first two years at a different airline.
I’m pretty sure he didn’t anticipate that 10 years ago.

Like I said.....tar on your soul