View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 04:33 PM
4fans
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by Jaww View Post
I was a new hire at the new hire dinner. My wife and I were partaking at the open bar. We both grabbed some red wine. We were then told to explore the museum. We were both befuddled and said asked if we were allowed to take our wine. Of course was the response.

Both of us were Air Force officers and we would have never been trusted with the responsibility of not spilling. It was a paradigm shift for the both of us. To this day we both sillily remember that moment.

Delta may not being perfect. It may stress us out and try to nickel and dime us but, Delta trusts is to get the job done. The Air Force never gave us that trust without constantly looking over our shoulder.

It was a great moment realizing I had changed the vector of my future. Admittedly, it was a truly stupid moment but it meant a lot.
This reminded me, at my new hire dinner, we went to explore the museum, stepped into the room playing the delta history video, and when we stepped out everybody was gone. The bus had left. A very kind senior Delta guy who I see every now and again in the CQ videos gave us a ride back to the hotel.

Also, I remember at Indoc and having the introduction to Alpa at the hotel. It was about 2 weeks before the end of voting for TA1, and we asked the ALPA rep if there was a chance it would be voted down. He said absolutely not. Very eye opening.