View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 03:57 AM
JungleJetDriver
Tin Can Time

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Entitled Newb
Default Swifted

My experience at Swift was not that bad. European theater, quick upgrade and most of my colleagues were awesome people.

That being said almost everyone that I had the pleasure of working with here, are on “that line”. They are fed up with the chaos, the pay/benefits, the lack of a strong, dependable, core management team, the grandiose mention of newer equipment and raises, the promise of positive change only to be deflated and disappointed. I wish all of you Swifties the best.

The training leaves a lot to be desired. There’s no real syllabus, the foot print and systems training are non-existent. (Remember who you are hiring, most new pilots at Swift, this is their first jet.) That May change if the pay and benefits were better.
There are no SOP’s. I will say that they are working on this but once again, I don’t “think” the people working on it are given the tools to be successful. I hope I am wrong about this. They are not going to hold your hand, but there is a lot that needs to be taught in a structured and standard format. I hope the training department is given a single leader to forge a successful, diligent school house.

Oh scheduling..... somebody needs to get Tam and Rubb some damn help. Immediately! And that Blue-None. If it’s not being utilized correctly, then why use it? I could schedule more pilots with a google calendar with better efficiency. The ignored emails and phone calls are absolutely unacceptable. The lack of real, prompt notification is unacceptable. The favoritisms and lack of regulatory knowledge is unacceptable.

Pay in the European theater was good. But not what it should have been and not what it was last year. The contract pilots got paid more, did less and had 2 weeks of paid vacation. And the pay back home.......well it sucks, Along with the benefits or lack there of. The payroll software, schedule and personnel are right out of the Swift Trucking playbook. Come on Man! You are paid random days through out the year, payroll’s chaos formula 365/(52x24)=prc divided by the square root of €§¥???? What? And state tax withholding......hahahaha. Not happening. Pay the pilots like pilots.

iAero has shown NO real direction, leadership, or plans for the future of the airline. At least they haven’t shared it with the Swift folks. I see a lot of dedicated people trying to improve this airline. I met a lot of very skilled, smart individuals who are hoping for real change here and have positive, high hopes for their future here at iAero Airways. We were told A330’s, we were told 10 more 737-800f for DHL, we were told a $40 raise across the board, we were told 401k company matching. It didn’t take me long to realize anything JC or BV says is complete BULL 💩.