View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 04:42 PM
mrfishy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Longhornmaniac8 View Post

How much can I expect to earn as a first-year Republic FO?

This is obviously going to depend a lot on your specific situation, but as a part of the group that didn't hit the line until after 6 months (meaning I was making training pay for the first 30 days [$60/day stipend] and then minimum monthly guarantee [MMG] for the next 5 months), combined with being on reserve for the rest of my first 12 months (I chose to go to one of those very senior bases as soon as I could), I still grossed roughly $55K including the $2500 bonus for 1 year of employment and other parts of the bonus paid during the year.

That is essentially a worst case scenario because I had such a long period during training where I was making only minimum guarantee and no per diem, combined with large chunks of reserve where I wasn't working, not breaking guarantee, and not getting per diem.

Put another way, I only broke MMG in 4 of the 12 months of my first year. In the months I did break it, I averaged about 20-30% more over MMG.

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to expect the average first year Republic FO to earn at least an extra 10-20% over what I did.
Could some more people chime in on some pay/time off questions?

My understanding is that on reserve you're pretty much only going to make the guaranteed min unless it happens to be super busy. Once you're able to hold a line, how hard is it to get as much credit as possible? Does it take a little bit of time to get enough seniority to be able to bid lots of credit? Are there specific bases where this would be easier/harder? Unlike the majority I don't really want to maximize my days off currently.

I understand you are guaranteed 12 days off per month. Can I volunteer to work during those days off?

During my interview they mentioned the paid holidays. What does that mean? Is everyone paid a set amount on those holidays even if you don't work?

My goal is to crank out as much credit as possible. What base would you recommend for me?