View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 08:55 PM
Longhornmaniac8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Guppy

Originally Posted by Shenzi105 View Post
How many failed sim events do you have at Republic since January 2019? 35-45-55-60 pink slips?

any new hire should take into account the washout rate, the upgrade washout rate and the recurrent washout rate. How come an airline on the AQP program has had so many failures in the past 12 months? Or are these only rumors?

Some CKA love to brag about their $300K/year pay thanks to all the retraining they have been doing recently. Fake news?

From what they say, washout rate is much higher than Endeavor, Envoy or PSA who seem to have more established AQP program where candidate are "trained to proficiency"?
There's a lot of speculation in there that I don't think is with real foundation, but I don't have the numbers to back it up.

I think speaking very broadly, Republic has a high standard for training and a comparatively short leash. Individual circumstances dictate the company response, but from what I've been able to gather, it does seem like other companies are willing to invest more time before giving out a pink slip.

Which approach is right or wrong really isn't for me to say. Holding the hands of people who are struggling just so they don't have to wash them out isn't necessarily the right approach, but neither is cutting someone loose without giving them a chance to prove themselves.

All I can say is I thought the quality of people in our training department was high, and the quality of training was high. I was given every chance to succeed, and was treated from the outset as if I would. I've not heard from anyone that we have CKAs failing people just to fail them.

I consider our training department to be one of the positives at our company based on my experiences with them. Others may disagree, I'm not sure.