Old 10-30-2019, 05:51 PM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Aerospeed View Post
Serious question, what has Teamsters done for Atlas and ABX? ABX has nearly gone extinct after their illegal strike and Atlas is allegedly on the verge bankruptcy with morale at the lowest point ever. Atlas and ABX pilots have destroyed their relationship with Amazon. When will you all see that Teamsters has led you astray while ALPA carriers are getting all the cake?
I'm directly critical of our EXCO and our EXCO chairman at times. For example I routinely ask about safety improvements and what has or hasn't been done from both our management and union. I also consider myself a pro-union and generally supportive of our EXCO and our EXCO chairman. We support ourselves through targeted, accurate criticism. Pep-rallies don't win games, sadly.

In 2011, when most other airlines were taking concessionary contracts, Atlas had a contract (a contract with the IBT seal, btw) that was near the head of the industry. Teamsters has won a number of grievances for our pilots and successfully saved the job of an instructor who testified against the company in court. In general contract comparison, results don't seem to line up with an assertion that ALPA carriers are "taking all the cake". Compare ATI's contract to that of Omni, Allegiant, ABX or even Kalitta's (negotiated and TAed while under Teamsters if memory serves me.) Like Atals, ATI has been a laggard in compensation, unfortunately for your pilots.

So to answer your direct question, Teamsters has delivered some, measurable results. I just mentioned a few of them.

To answer your implicit statement, let me say this: I don't believe in giving people guff. It doesn't serve any great purpose aside from driving away potential friend for some moment of insignificant satisfaction. I get you may have some desire to get even with ABX pilots who may have been unfriendly to you. Instead, why don't you try empathizing?

Imagine being 50 years old after watching Airborne and all the other drama unfold around you. You finally have market forces and labor negotiations moving in your favor. How would you react when someone agrees to work for less than what you're making BEFORE negotiations? Would you be happy? By coming here and trying to stir up drama, aren't you doing the same thing that you dislike about the ABX pilots?

Let's help each other out, instead. Give us some ideas on how to deliver safety results to our crews? Do you guys have safety or training systems that we don't? What works and what sucks?