View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Bluesideup1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by tomgoodman View Post
This article suggests they sold so many cars that service fell behind:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...e-battery.html
They did get behind when they first started launching the model 3 as it was selling as fast as they could make them. That was just a blip in the last 6 years of Tesla service but that is all some talk about. It has been improving as Tesla opens new service centers to meet the new demand.

Even though they are still selling nearly every model 3 that comes off the assembly line parts are now in plentiful supply so there won't be any waiting a week for a part.

What I like best is in the last 4 years of owning a Tesla I have had to fix some minor issues like a bad parking sensor and a bubble in the screen. They came to my house and did it in my driveway so I didn't even have to go to the service center. It was incredibly convenient and all I had to do was hand them the key and get back to what I was doing inside.

The only time I have been to the service center was for an alignment and a plug port door that wouldn't respond to a request to open and they had to change the whole charge port...this was before there were mobile rangers so they may have been able to handle that out in the field now.

I have never had a problem getting a hold of someone and I can even schedule service online through the app or web portal without calling anybody.