Thread: Tesla
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 10:31 PM
Bluesideup1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Read the Tesla forums. By not seeing any improvements I am discussing service time and parts as well as qualified technicians to perform the service.
The battery issues were in the charging system and took Tesla a long time to diagnose. They just kept throwing a new battery in.
I do read the Tesla forums I also have owned 3 Tesla. Your friend is just a small data point as it shows the satisfaction rate for Tesla is higher than any other car out there.

I don't know what you mean when you are talking about parts as they now have enough that they have started selling parts to the general public instead of keeping them all for themselves as they were using them as fast as they could make them so parts have definitely improved.

The fact that they are averaging 20-30 new service centers a quarter is not improving?

I just checked the app on how long it would take for me to get my Model X into the service center and it was less than a week with multiple times on the 13th. If it was something that the mobile service could do it was as soon as Monday.

What you need to do is get off the forums or check other car forums because just like this one the vast majority of people that spend time posting on forums are those they have had a problem. The other 96% that have had great service or not needed service tend not to spend their time on the forums.

The fact is these cars need very little service as they don't have oil to change, the brakes last well over twice as long due to regenerative braking, it doesn't have engine coolant, it doesn't have drive belts, it doesn't have an alternator, it doesn't have a water pump, it doesn't have an engine air filter, it doesn't have spark plugs/wires, it has 1/1,000 of the moving parts that an internal combustion engine has.

Out of the top 20 most common maintenance items for ICE cars Tesla doesn't even have 17 of them.