Thread: Tesla
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 03:53 AM
Bluesideup1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
When making a Choice on a model 3 purchase I used data from friends owning prior Tesla’s, test reports and forums. So far the car simply does not meet my personal standards. Here is a great quote about Tesla owners.

“In most cases, reliability will undermine satisfaction,” says Jake Fisher, senior director of auto testing at Consumer Reports. “But when a vehicle has an enthusiastic following, like with Tesla, owners may overlook some issues. We’ve seen this with other vehicles such as the Jeep Wrangler and Chevrolet Corvette.”

I like the features of the Tesla, I hope they improve so I can purchase a model Y. My current non Tesla electric is 2 years old without a single issue. It takes serious problems for CR to issue a not recommended.

https://ride.tech/electric-and-hybri...SAAEgKsIPD_BwE
This is where you are dead wrong. The issue that caused consumer reports to reverse then reverse again was paint and trim. Neither of them have anything to do with the reliability of the car and were far from serious problems.

If you think Tesla people overlook problems because they are blinded to reality then you are probably right that you don't need a Tesla.

The only thing you seem to be looking at is the outliers or those with a problem and are ignoring the other 95% of the satisfied customers.

I have shown you the numbers and you keep trying to make excuses but Tesla owners have the highest satisfaction rating of any other car out there including porches, Jeeps and corvettes warts and all.