Thread: DCA base info
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 11:05 AM
Battlinbear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: 2 Fan **** Can

Originally Posted by aa73 View Post
I also live in Loudoun about 10mins north/west from IAD. Ashburn/Leesburg area. Currently a 737 CA always trying to fly IAD trips and actually I’ve been quite lucky in getting at least half of my awarded trips out of IAD every month, at 70% bid status. The IAD flying has remained stable, it’s a very small percentage of the total flying but there are some decent lines. We lost Miami early this year but they put a 737 on the early am to CLT and the last flight back to IAD so we stayed consistent.
AA flies out of IAD to DFW, LAX and CLT.
When on reserve you will cover all 3 airports. Majority of flying is DCA followed by BWI then IAD. I’d say it’s a 65/30/5% split between the three. Much of the open time (when there is open time, lol) tends to be out of BWI, for some reason those trips pop open all the time. Beware the 0500 departures out of BWI and DCA...ugh.
Good luck, you’ll hold DCA base fairly quickly if not right off the bat, it tends to go to new hires every so often. Great base, great Chief and great folks.
House prices in Loudoun, that’s a different story. Better start saving up!
Schools are fantastic. Lots to do with the family. Love living here.

Fingers crossed I can get all those 0400 reports out of bwi. Live in Millersville MD. Not qualified on the bus yet, but bid for a schedule for dec. 15 bwi trips and was awarded zero at 70% looks like about 20 pilots are moving on to other things on the dec and march vacancy bid. Let the Movement get fn bonkers!!