View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Triggs
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: B737 CA

Originally Posted by randomroute View Post
It doesnt matter how many came from US Air...when Swift resurrects them from the desert they use the steam gauges to replace EFIS. We have Alaska and SWA frames with vacuum gauges instead of the EFIS that once occupied the panels.

Also, let me make it VERY clear. The POH is used for indications that occur at ANY time. The MEL at Swift is critical as a cross reference because there is no EICAS or MX guy at 90% of the airports we fly to. So if youre doing a 7 day charter, youre going to want to know what to plan on down the road. Swift doesnt have dispatchers, so once MX Control okays a restriction-it’s up to the PIC to confirm performance expectations and prevent deviation from a clause. Dont let your cushy airline pilot experiences with ACARS and digital writeups and aerodata computations fool you. A pilot is authorized to use whatever is at his reach to better reference a failure or warning. None of that means the MEL is being used in flight for placarding and bandaging.

SWIFT IS NOT LIKE ANY COMPANY YOU HAVE EVER HEARD OF. THE OPSPECS HERE ALLOW FOR SO MUCH MORE THAN EVER KNOWN.

All this further emphasizes the point to take the most cautious course of action when experiencing an abnormal flight state.

And FWIW I didnt like TiredSoul either....until I realized he aint never lied🤷🏽*♂️

Once again, I wholeheartedly invite any of you pilots wanting to come to Swift-to list for the jumpseat in MIA, get a firsthand look at what this place is all about.
If you are going to throw mud around the barnyard, at least get your facts straight. ALL the USAir birds came with steam gauges because that is how they were ordered by USAir. SWA birds were steam gauge to begin with. The Alaska birds have EFIS, just like one of the original Swift planes (803).