Thread: UPS 2020 Hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 01:31 PM
hammer pants
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by FTv3 View Post
To further help clarify:

Buffer = difference between original line credit and 75 hrs (line guarantee) IF line credit < guarantee.

- Considered free money.

- You don’t lose the buffer but you might not get it paid out. This is the drop, then pickup, scenario described above.
Q: does picking up OT / JA get treated the same as picking up off the trip board in this scenario?

- Dropping trips below 50% original line credit value nullifies guarantee (thus buffer), leaving only line credit to be factored in pay.
Q: what happens to guarantee / buffer if one picks up to get back above 50%?

Q: If I do a trip trade with OT that results in less credit (assuming we are under a buffer scenario) is this treated the same as dropping credit via the trip board?

If anyone knows the answers to these questions offhand, TIA. If not, I’ll dig into it and post what I find.
JA is paid over 75. OT on the other hand you are working for free until you credit 75. Example original line credit of 70 fly as scheduled get paid 75. Pickup 10 hrs, get paid 80 not 85.

For the last question you can’t trade for less credit only equal to or more.

As far as coming to UPS with the intentions of dropping trips I would say you are better off elsewhere. UPS has a ton to offer schedule flexibility is not at the top.