Old 11-20-2019, 02:39 AM
fortyeight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by Jpilot05 View Post
Hello All,
For background information I'm currently an instructor and looking at the Regionals. due to family situation I'm pretty positive I'm going to be moving to STL ( St.louis MO). for at least a year or two. Long term I'd like to be based out in the north west U.S. area after though. Obviously none of the airlines I mentioned are based out of STL so I'll have to commute. I've got a fair amount of debt from flight school to pay off so.

So Im looking for advice on which airline to choose. things i am prioritizing are: 1. decent QOL and pay, I find work rules to be important and I've found that I like the contract rules of EDV and RAH. 2. Bases. My end goal is being based out west with the possible movement to a major airline where I can be based out west. 3. Pay. I wasn't kidding about those loans and even a decreased pay period for training is something Im concerned against. 4. Commuting Policy. I Just don't want to get stuck on short call reserve having to commute.

Your advice is appreciated.
The largest QOL factor is if you live in base. The rest doesn’t matter. If you want to go back to the PNW I wouldn’t even consider Republic or Endeavor, they can’t get west of the Mississippi.