Old 11-23-2019, 02:15 PM
JulesWinfield
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by blindfayth View Post
If you're going to have to commute, I'd say Endeavor is an easy choice. Don't have to worry about not getting to work.
Not really true. Getting your two options in can sometimes mean some dreadfully long days. (Show up at home base airport at 6am for a 2 leg commute for a trip that ends at midnight). There's also cancellations, weather delays, etc that add to the stress. For example, if you make your first option, it pushes back and does a gate return, which causes you to miss your second option, you won't get in trouble, but you will lose your day's worth of pay. Also, you always have to worry about getting home.

With that being said, I can't really recommend Endeavor right now. I am an early 2018 hire with around 500 FOs above me to upgrade. I am coming up on the 2 year mark pretty soon, and it seems like upgrade time for me will be about 4 years.. Our bottom guys are sitting around in NYC crashpads not flying. Our reserve time is about a year. For a commuter, this is absolute hell.

Our work rules are middle of the road. We have a great commuting policy, but commuting still sucks. Our pay is near the top for a regional, but if you factor in quicker upgrades at other places, you will definitely make more. We have no guaranteed career progression.