Thread: AA Class Drops
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 04:55 PM
HardLemonade
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2016

I’m just looking forward to more guys hitting the line. This mini stagnation we’re under due to the S80 guys coming back through training has been pretty rough. Anyone hired up until this past summer was getting Long Call and lines pretty much right away. Since then..it’s been Short Call with no end in sight for those of us near the bottom.

Don’t get me wrong. Short Call is great if you live in base. But for those of us who have to commute, its about as pleasant as a coffee enema. Especially when you have to leave the day prior because of a zero dark thirty RAP on day one.

Oh, and NY? I did it for a month before transferring out. About went broke. Somehow I managed to avoid EWR, but between Ubering all over Queens to get between JFK and LGA, money for crash pads..and the fact that first year pay at 75 hours isn’t much to begin with..I felt like I was in college all over again. Oh, and let me tell you how fun it is to finish a trip in one airport, and your only chance at getting home leaves in 40 minutes from a different one. Or even better. Your last day falls on a Sunday, in which flights out of NY to DFW stop at 4pm. Enjoy your extra day in Kew Gardens or College Point..or the recliner in the crew room.

Yeah..being a commuter here at AA is tough in the beginning. It’ll get better with a little more seniority, and 2nd year pay. But I have to keep reminding myself of that almost daily.