Old 11-29-2019, 06:11 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by cons View Post
Just curious, how many hours do you fly on average per year? Also, how long does it take to upgrade to be able to log TPIC? You flightcheck guys have learjets also out of ACY?
Like most jobs - how many hours you fly in a year is a very subjective number. Domestic or International? Domestic KingAir or Domestic Lear? Will you be willing to take multiple week flights to Alaska in the Lear? That could be huge flying month or a very slow month depending on the weather for those two weeks.

I will tell you that my personal high year was 550 hrs and my personal low year was 180 hrs. On average I am probably between 400-450 hrs and 23-28 itineraries per year with each trip being on average 3 nights on the road.

The training program for full ASIP qualification will take somewhere between 12-18 months. You are an aircraft qualified PIC when you finish your aircraft training at CAE. I only log TPIC when I am the PIC on the assigned itinerary/authorization.

KACY FIFO has not operated Lear60s in many years. Currently only KOKC and KSMF fly the Lear60s.