View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 06:13 AM
C2078
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2019

CC76 base pay is $217k for a MAXED out Captain, meaning you will gone from home 19 days per month on a 6-3, 6-3, 7-5 type of schedule. I for one want my kids to know who I am. If you are single or not married, good option if you live to work.

Add long bonus $8.7k, average of 4 holidays $6k, FDP AVERAGE of $20k, $5k in OT and you arrive at $256k. Some do work extended days, that will put you above 20 days per month. Sometimes you will get a return after midnight, for simplicity round to $260k.

$260k flying a little airplane is most definitely very good! The option is there to make the money if needed, and you WILL work for it! Mind you, again, this is for a topped out Captain. Large cabin Captains make a bit more as well, but you need 20+ years seniority to hold that.

You have to compare Apples to Apples, 401k match is NOT wages. It is part of you compensation package.

People throw around $300k like it’s the norm, which is most certainly not. It is doable for sure, but takes A LOT OF WORK!!