View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 03:47 PM
aviatormjc
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
There are some good low risk options for just that out there:

https://youtu.be/UwWeHSuU4WA

Graham Stephan is a cocky 29 year old that has no business giving financial advice. I followed him for a few weeks and his videos are clickbait packed with no real substance. I disliked and unsubbed from his channel. Just like his merch that says “dislike. unsub.”

I’ve followed Dave Ramsey for 8+ yrs and have gone from step 1 to 7 in those 8 yrs. I’ve just completed Step 6 end of OCT and I fully standby Dave Ramsey and his teachings.

Dave Ramsey does not teach broad stroke mutual funds. He suggests mutual funds that are Growth, Growth & Income and Aggressive Growth which are also classified as Large Cap, Mid Cap and Small cap. And then one International mutual fund. So that’s 4 funds, 25% each.

He does suggest no load mutual funds if your are saving up to buy real estate with cash. So once you hit $100-$150K you pay less in fees when you pull that money out to buy the real estate.

He does not suggest REITs. He believes in owning real estate you can physically put your hands on.

Dave Ramsey loves real estate. He suggest that every time you save up $100-$150K, you go buy some property.

He believes the quickest path to wealth is by not having debt.

The advice he gives is the same advice he follows. He has a net worth close to 60 million and zero debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk