Thread: IAH
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 11:17 AM
Claxstarr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by pilotprincess View Post
What are things like at the IAH base right now? Can you get it out of training and upgrade and stay there? Any signs it’s shrinking or going away? Any observations on XJT?

IAH has basically doubled over the last 6 months for us. The FO side is moving quickly and captains are being awarded IAH directly from upgrade.

The trips are good (good credit) and there is a LOT of variety so you’re not going to get stuck doing the same 5 flights.

I saw your post on The XJT side and just know that there is a lot of vitriol coming from that direction. One CPT who had been there for 18 years was particularly angry. I wonder why he’s been at XJT and never moved on? I bet there’s more to that story.

Yes they’re a unionized carrier but their contract is about as bad as it gets. Their management is in charge and they all know it. I’m by no means anti-union, but theirs has given ManaAir the cart AND the horse.

Check out some of their work rules... I.E. min day guarantee. We get 4:12 minimum pay regardless of how little is flown each day. I think XJT is around 2:00 which should tell you a lot.

I flew with two captains over the last two days and both came from XJT. Both said they made the right choice leaving XJT for OO.

Do your own homework and make the decision that is right for you!