View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 08:20 PM
itsmytime
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by CJDriver7 View Post
Hey everyone, as the title suggests, I’m a 135 CJ3 pilot currently in the hiring process with Skywest. I’ve spent the last 3 years of my life solely focusing on corporate flying, but have since decided to go 121 due to market trends and QOL difference (I haven’t been home since September 1st). I’m very unfamiliar with the operation of a 121 airline, but have friends at OO and they love it. Basically my plan is to shoot for an ORD base out of training on the CRJ, and stick around there until I can upgrade to a captain and get based out west. I know their pay scale is online, but realistically what can I expect to make the first year or two? Living in ORD is certainly not too cheap and it unfortunately is a salary reduction for the first year. Also, if I live within the 2 hours of base, can I just hang out at home if I’m on reserve or will I be at the airport all day like I am now? Sorry for the loaded post, there’s a ton of differences between the two sides of the industry. Thanks!
Sorry I don’t have anything useful to add, but you haven’t been home since sept 1? OMG!! Hope they were at least paying you well.