View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Lagoon
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

I forgot to mention that I was also studying for the written.

So, by getting a ground school refresher, I will be preparing for the written at the same time. That's why I'm trying to get my hands on a good video course. The textbook I have leaves some to be desired.

I remember the King videos from PPL and those were good supplementary videos. I might look into King. Can anyone recommend something other than King. I'm looking for something thorough, comprehensive. I honestly don't know much about the Instrument videos from King.

It sounds like what you're saying is, if I have the knowledge, and after some time on a sim or in the cockpit, if I can execute the maneuvers up to standards, then I'll be set for the checkride. Since I remember most of the maneuvers, including VOR tracking, and precision and non-precision approaches, I might just need a few lessons. But I will still need to spend time working on partial panel and holds.

I feel that the first step is passing the written.

If I relearn everything (ground school and maneuvers-related knowledge) for the checkride on my own, and then go in and practice them with an instructor, will the school honor that? I realize schools are in the business of making money.

My concern is that they will come up with an arbitrary reason and say that I have to go through the entire program again because that's how they do it. By the way, it's been 2 years.