View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 04:22 AM
C2078
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Shenzi105 View Post
At Netjets for half a year, the most negative and disgruntled Netjets pilots seem to live, and express themselves, on this forum. Have not heard anything like the negativity I read here in real life. I guess guys i meet at the FBOs and in the cockpits must all be liars and double face then because they've all been positive.

As far as work vs. reward, last 7-days FDP $2G, previous 6 days FDP $1,9G. before that avg FDP per tour $1,200. Life's so tough.

There's a room left to improve QOL and definitely space to add more $, especially on the 7/7 base pay but the pilots whining and crying on here, painting such a negative image of the job at the company make it a bit laughable. First World people problems.
That is almost 30 hours of flying in a tour, that is A LOT OF FLYING!! Especially in the corporate world where you have multiple other responsibilities. To make any real money you have to work like this. One of the reasons I left. If a person doesn’t mind working long duty days, flying 700-800 hours a year in a corporate setting, short layovers (on average), then it can be a good job, no doubt. Personally I like my 1-2 legs a day and off to the Hotel for a fairly typical 24 hour layover, flying 400 hours a year working on average 11-12 days a month, crediting 80 hrs/month average. There is no right or wrong answer. One thing is clear at least in my situation. I am working less making around the same amount of money without being a capped 14 year Captain, accumulating a nice pension on top of a 12% contribution. This is not balloons and ponies, this is real life situation. If I would still be at NJ I’d probably be content with all the changes, definitely an improvement. Both good jobs. My QOL has improved, not everyone might have same experience.